Natural Soap Favor
This project is so simple yet so stunning.
To cover the soap slice pictured above, our team opted for clean used brown paper lunch bags that we collected from friends and family who just can’t give up using paper lunch bags. By crumpling the bags we achieved a beautiful raw looking texture.
- Organic soap slices of your choice. (Natural soaps can be purchased sliced or in loaves and you slice them yourself)
- Paper to wrap around soap (ie. clean used brown paper lunch bags, reuse old wrapping paper, wall paper remnants, recycled scrap booking paper, old sheet music, fabric scraps, old maps)
- Non-toxic White Glue
- Artist brush
- Measure and cut paper slightly shorter than the height of the soap slice so a bit of the soap shows at each end. Be sure to cut the length of the paper long enough to wrap around the soap with enough overlap to seal.
- Wrap paper around soap.
- Apply a small bead of glue on overlap and spread using artist brush. Be sure to spread glue to the edge of the paper to ensure a good seal.
- Press overlap down firmly to seal and allow to dry completely.
- Tie a beautiful bow around the soap for the finishing touch (optional).