Candy Cane Centerpiece
Your guests can help themselves to the candy canes during the evening or a few lucky guests can take the complete vase home to use for holiday entertaining. If you plan on playing wedding games during your reception, these make great prizes.
- Cylindrical vase or clean empty can
- Two sided tape (found at most hardware or scrapbooking stores)
- Rubber band
- Candy canes
- Wide ribbon (must be wider than rubber band)
- Wrap the two sided tape around the vase/can once approximately halfway down the vase/can. (The two sided tape will help keep the candy canes from sliding out from under the rubber band.)
- Slide rubber band around the vase/can.
- Begin inserting the candy cans behind the rubber band.
- Tie the ribbon around the vase/can taking care to cover the rubber band with the ribbon.
- Fill with water and arrange roses.
Another “Bride Idea”: Use mini candy canes and baby food jars or small fruit cup cans to create small individual vases which can serve as place cards. Just attach a label with your guests’ names to the ribbon.